5 Master Tips to Score Well on Your Essays
Often students get nervous while writing an essay during an examination. Of course, you cannot look for essay writing tips during exams. But a little practice can curb stress.
So, how do you brush your writing skills if you are an amateur writer? Even though you cannot change everything in a single night, some strategies can help you write essays during exams at the specified time.
Follow these essay writing tips to prepare for the exam and tackle essays -
● Put yourself in a time crunch to practice writing — You’ve probably written dozens of essays before. However, the only difference is that you need to act fast when you have to write an essay with a short span. So, practice writing essays for timed tests.
You won’t learn the basics if you depend on cheap essay writers online. So, pick a sample question, set a stopwatch, and see how fast you can write a piece!
● Set aside a specific amount of time for each paragraph — Learn to estimate how much time you’ll spend on each area of your essay. Planning is an important part, especially for analytical essays.
Take note of the time limit and divide it into manageable chunks, leaving some time in the end for revision.
It’s easy to become overly concentrated on a single paragraph if you don’t have a timeline to stick to. Hence, constructive planning will help you write an essay faster.
● Double-space your writing and write clearly — This may seem like a no-brainer, but it’s easy to overlook and can make a major difference.
Thus, adding space in your paragraphs will make it easier for the examiner to read your work.
If you have time left at the end of the exam for review, you can read through your work quickly and make adjustments in the blank places.
This trick works better for narrative essays, as often writers get lost while narrating a story.
● Don’t worry about editing beforehand — Most students take a break after each paragraph to double-check their essays.
This technique makes sense when there’s no time pressure, but not during an exam.
Perfecting paragraphs takes time. If you spend too much time on just a paragraph before finishing the entire essay, you might have to submit an incomplete essay. So, be it a narrative or a reflective essay, concentrate on writing it first.
● Always have the appropriate perspective in mind — When you write your essay, you cannot blindly put words for the sake of elaborating paragraphs. You must have your viewpoint.
When you get your topic, take two minutes to plan the approach you want to take. Jot down some keywords that would work as the main ingredient for your essay topic.
Once you are down, you can easily pen down your points organized.
These five tips will benefit you in every essay writing task. So, start following them today for remarkable results!
Summary: Writing essays under a time segment can become stressful. Often, students get nervous and forget what they need to write. To prevent such occurrences, read this article, and explore the tricks that work every time for exam essays.